Monday, 23 January 2017

Dyno Day!

Had an awesome day at the dyno thanks to some friends. had a full day tuning taking it from barely ticking over to running like a beast! :) 
Had a slight issue with the exhaust because of where it came out would of blasted straight at the dyno unit. We twisted it around and pointed it up and away. Made 114 at the wheels so happy with that, probably more to get out of it but running good so not worried about that yet.

Monday, 11 April 2016

Fuel Gauge

Trying to set up the fuel gauge on the speedo and realised the fuel sender wouldn't work with the gauge so we bought a new sender. We had a bit of trouble figuring out how to fit it in the tank and it still didn't really work properly with the gauge when the sender was half way up the gauge says empty so we had to bend the float arm to make it work right. Seem to have it bang on now the gauge seems to match the fuel level.

Monday, 4 January 2016

Finally An Update - Side Repeaters & Filler Tether

Bought these little side repeaters a while ago and finally had chance to fit them. We decided to mount them on the rear arches after a bit of research to see where is best to put them. They look smart and are super bright!

Another little job I wasn't looking forward to turned out quite easy. For the IVA test we have to tether our filler cap as the key can be removed when the cap is not in place. We used a bit of bike wire crimped and soldered some ends on then managed to use the bolt on the back of the filler and one of the mounting bolts for the filler plate on the body.

Monday, 2 November 2015

Aero Screen

Bought an aero screen from Tiger Racing to fit on the scuttle. It was a real pain to fit and seemed like it was not symmetrical we got one side perfect then the other side was out so just had to settle for a happy medium. Put the wing mirrors on too and one needed bending a bit to make it sit right. also got the interior mirror on we had to cut a hole in the aero screen for it to go through and mounted it to the scuttle seems to work pretty good and looks good too.

Out of the garage again looking good nearly there now the end is in sight!

Sunday, 20 September 2015

Rear Arches Again

Finally finally finally got the rear arches we've been waiting ages!

So we fitted them and put the rear light pods and reflectors on too. They're really nice and fit perfect.

 We chopped the bolts down after to make sure the tyre doesn't touch.

Monday, 6 July 2015

Tuning The Map

Got to get her out of the garage again and managed to get an engine map that was nearly drivable so we had to have a quick blast down the street! It was really exciting to have a go and it felt awesome to drive and slightly terrifying too ha ha ha.

Monday, 8 June 2015

Rear Lights

When we put the rear arches on we spotted that the wheels were sticking out a bit too far but we didnt think anything of it as we just thought the wheels were bigger than usual or the offset was different. Anyhow when we tried the rear light pods on the arches they too hung over so wouldn't fit on! This made us measure the arches and it turns out we have the narrow ones..... D'oh! So we took them off and are now waiting for the wider ones to be made.

We fitted the fog, reverse and number plate lights as they go on the rear tub not the arches. Also straightened up the fuel filler so it looks loads better.

Bought a wideband lambda controller and sensor from the states a company called took a while to arrive but saved us about £40 over the UK equivalent. This will help us fine tune the car and let the autotune in tunerstudio work properly.